ORANGE CHAMPAGNE CUPCAKE (AKA MIMOSA CUPCAKES)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne (I used Verdi Spumante, it's sweet and inexpensive)
- 1 tsp Orange Extract (adjust to your liking, I may have used more)
- Orange Zest (I just added what I thought was sufficient)
- 6 egg whites
In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whites into the batter a little at a time. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full (if you have a Pampered Chef Large Scoop it allows for the perfect measurement.
Bake cupcakes in lined cupcake pan at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 2 pound bag of powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slowly add Champagne to reach desired consistency
Champagne Simple Syrup:
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Champagne
Frost Cupcake and drizzle with Champagne Syrup! Another cool idea that I plan to try next time is poking holes in the warm cupcakes and then drizzle the warm syrup over top so that it will seep into the cupcakes for a Over the Rainbow taste effect!!!