Normally I make changes to recipes the only thing I did here was poke holes in the warm cupcakes and added a little of the drizzle to enhance the cake flavor.
Makes One Dozen Cupcakes (cause that's all you need)
For the Cupcakes:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- Cupcake liners
For the Bourbon Drizzle:
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the Buttercream Frosting:
- 1½ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey (I think I used 3)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix just to incorporate.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the wet mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the whiskey and milk until just combined.
- Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners and divide batter evenly into cups; approximately ⅔ full for each cup.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes; test with a toothpick; the top will be firm so make sure the inside is cooked through.
- Cool completely on a wire cake cooling rack before frosting.
To Make the Bourbon Drizzle:
- Add all ingredients together in a small pan, bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool before drizzling on cupcakes.
To Make the Buttercream Frosting:
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla and Jack Daniels Honey and combine thoroughly.
- Add the cream a Tbsp at a time until your frosting is very light and fluffy and the correct consistency.
- Using a large serrated icing tip, pipe the frosting onto cupcakes.
- Garnish with the Bourbon Drizzle.
Enjoy and remember to Eat Dessert First!