Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A 12 DAYS OF CUPCAKES PROJECT # 5 EGG NOG CUPCAKES

Tis the season to be jolly and lots of holly and all that other stuff....LOL!  As we continue on our 12 days of cupcakes track I decided why not make a cupcake from the drink of the season....Egg Nog!  To be honest I don't like the stuff at all but a lot of people do so I decided to whip up a tasty treat!  I must say that I still don't like egg nog but the cupcakes were delicious!!!!   I hope you will give them a try even if you don't like egg nog they are totally different from the stuff in a glass =) and super easy to make!



EGG NOG CUPCAKES

1 box yellow cake mix (yes I used a box mix, my gift to you)
3 eggs
1 cup egg nog (I used Southern Comfort, non-alcoholic)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon rum extract

Mix together cake mix, eggs, vanilla, egg nog, rum extract and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.  Fill paper liners 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes, or until cake is lightly golden.

Allow cupcakes to cool completely before icing.

Eggnog & Rum Buttercream

1/2 cup butter, softened
Rum extract
Egg Nog

4 cups powdered sugar
Nutmeg for added festiveness

Okay so I did not measure any of this.  Place softened butter in a bowl with the 4 cups of powdered sugar and blend until creamy while adding in egg nog until you reach your desired consistency. Then add about a 3 tsps of rum extract.  Honestly I just kept adding egg nog and rum extract until the icing could be piped easily and tasted super yummy!  After piping I sprinkled a little nutmeg on top for extra flair.

Enjoy and as always EAT DESSERT FIRST! 


No comments:

Post a Comment