Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Long Time No See...But I've Been Baking Up A Storm---Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

Ahhh....So I need a personal blogging assistant.  I have had good intentions since December (yes it's been that long) to update my blog but life completely takes over All the time =)

So with that being said I really wanted to share this recipe with you all!  I have been craving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies, I usually don't make them because my family despises raisins but then I was like that just means I get them all to myself....YAY!!!! (then I found out that my son actually likes them).  Oh Well!

These will make a nice treat to stick in the kids lunch boxes this fall as you can make them bite sized using a small sized cookie scoop!

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup  all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking old fashioned oats
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (you can use whatever kind you like)

Cream together butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Add in the oats, raisins and chocolate chips.

Scoop cookies and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I use a small scoop for more bite sized cookies (you will get about 2 1/2 dozen cookies)  and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for about 13 minutes. I like my cookies soft and chewy so I take them out slightly underbaked but brown around the edges.  For a crispier cookie let them stay in a little longer.

Enjoy and remember to EAT DESSERT FIRST!


No comments:

Post a Comment