Here is the Recipe for your Enjoyment (and yes Denise I am including all of my additions and changes)!
CHARISSE'S STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1(16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 4 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
*Make sure to form a tight seal between your crust and cream cheese mixture to ensure that the gelatin doesn't seep down to the crust
Enjoy and Remember to Eat Dessert First!