Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cinnamon and Sweet Potatoes=Fall

So as some of you know I am the VP of the All Saints Catholic School PTO (yay me)...LOL and I had this genius idea that we should show monthly appreciation to our teachers by serving them up a little breakfast on the second Tuesday of each month, thus giving me an opportunity to do what I love and do best BAKE (in case you didn't know that already)!  So of course I eagerly volunteered myself to jump start these monthly appreciations thus allowing me to work out a new recipe with two ingredients that I love CINNAMON and SWEET POTATOES (although I don't like candied yams) funny huh!  There are so many things that you can do with Sweet Potatoes (like make Roasted Apple and Sweet Potato Soup)......YUMMY!

So I found a recipe for Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Bread and made it MINE!!!  I also served up Home Made Apple Bread and Cranberry Oat Bars (from my Tastefully Simple business).  I took a loaf of the Sweet Stuff into the office as well and it was a HIT!!!  So here is the recipe, A FALL GIFT FROM ME TO YOU!  

Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Bread

INGREDIENTS FOR THE BREAD:
  • 1 cup butter flavored Crisco (1 stick)
  • 3 cups Sugar
  • 4  Large Eggs
  • 1 Large can of Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup Pureed (food processor whoohooo)
  • 3-½ cups All-purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1-½ teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • ½ teaspoon Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus (this contains Grated Orange Peel, Nutmeg, Cloves, Allspice, and Ginger) or ½ teaspoon of Ground Cloves
  • ½ cup Milk 
MAPLE GLAZE:
  • 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
  • ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease two 9”x5” loaf pans and set aside (I used 4 mini loaf pans and (2) 8"x5" loaf pans (grease with PAM with Flour or Bakers Joy to remove loaves from pans with ease).


Using an electric mixer on low speed, cream together Crisco, Sugar, Eggs and Sweet Potatoes. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and Cinnamon Plus or Cloves. Gradually add flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture, alternating with milk until all combined (always ending with the liquid). Pour equal amounts into loaf pans.  Bake for 55-60 minutes until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean *mini loaves take about 10 minutes less time. 


Carefully turn loaf pan upside down to remove bread and cool on a wire rack.  


For the glaze, wisk confectioner’s sugar and maple syrup until creamy. Drizzle over cooled loaves. 

I hope you Enjoy this as much as my family, the ASCS teachers, and my co-workers did and remember to always EAT DESSERT FIRST!

No comments:

Post a Comment